A new programme to support care provides with information governance.
Digital Social Care and its GM delivery partner Skills for Care are rolling out a new programme of support to help providers protect their personal data and ensure their information governance is up to date. The GMICSN will be supporting this programme by hosting webinars and workshops throughout 2021 for providers in Greater Manchester. The aim of the programme is to enable care providers to complete the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.
By completing the DSPT you will:
- Be able to demonstrate to employees and people who use services that their personal data is protected and used in accordance with the law
- Be able to demonstrate to CQC that your information governance arrangements are updated and compliant with best practice in the sector
- Improve your internal quality assurance process in relation to personal data
- Reduce the likelihood of a data breach within your organisation
- Protect your organisation from the impact of a data breach
- Gain access to NHS mail to support your communication with NHS organisations and commissioners once the current waiver comes to an end
- Improved access to business opportunities
Supporting you to complete the DSPT
We have a wide range of support for providers whether you’re new to the DSPT or need a bit of help completing all the standards.
- New to DSPT?
Attend one of our ‘Introduction to the DSPT’ webinars or watch our video to find out how the DSPT can help you deliver safe care, including how to register for and meet the requirements of the DSPT and why it’s important for your organisation.
- Already registered and need support?
Join us at our interactive workshops covering different sections of the toolkit. Workshops will be running throughout the year.
DSPT Zoom surgery
If you need help with registration or any aspect of completing the toolkit you can drop-in to one of our zoom surgeries for that bit of extra help. We’ll be holding drop-in sessions every Wednesday at 15:00 – 16:00. There’s no need to book in advance and you don’t need to join for the full session – just drop-in and ask your question.
If you need more in depth individual support you can request a 1:1 support session by emailing email@example.com. 1:1 support sessions are only available to providers who have already registered on the toolkit and attended a webinar or workshop.
For providers who’ve previously completed the toolkit either at entry-level or standards met and want to know about how the DSPT has changed join our webinar on 18 May 14:00 – 15:00. Bookings will open soon.
Could you offer support or advice to another care provider on how to complete the toolkit and improve their information governance?
If you could support another provider by offering telephone advice and guidance email Jez or Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our peer support network.
Book your place on our events page – booking links will be live in the coming days – These events will be facilitated by Skills for Care, coordinated by your locality team of Jez Ashdown and Carol Mitchell.