The network works with the Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership from which it receives its funding, and with Local Authority, CCG and NHS partners and other stakeholders across the ten Greater Manchester localities.
Membership of the network is free and is open to any private, voluntary and independent adult social care and supported housing provider in Greater Manchester.
The purpose of the Greater Manchester Independent Care Sector Network (GMICSN) is to:
- Strengthen the voice of Private, Voluntary and Independent (PVI) sector providers
- Support communication between providers and the Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership, Local Authority, Local Care Organisations and NHS partners
- Increase the influence of providers on strategic and policy decisions which affect them and the people they support
- Support quality improvement across the sector
- Provide an information hub for providers
- Support collaborative working between organisations across Greater Manchester
Better Security, Better Care – a new programme to support care providers with information governance.
GMICSN will be hosting webinars and workshops throughout 2021 for the ‘Better Security, Better Care’ programme, supporting providers to complete the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
The GMICSN Steering Group
Steering group members are listed below, all of these representatives are from a care home, care at home or learning disability/autism/mental health service operating in Greater Manchester. If you would like to speak to the representative for your service setting and locality please contact us at email@example.com